First of all: I'm going to DebConf :D and I really want to say a big "Thank you!" to every one who made this possible.
So, here's what I've done recently:
I spent some time putting everything in order for the departure to Nicaragua, things like finding a plane ticket through a route that does not require a Visa, making a new Passport, now all is in order.
I've integrated the changes for listing available ESSIDs, in order to close #637128  into a separate branch , which can be found here .
The plan is to have only one new template which lists the available networks and which has a option for entering the ESSID manualy. In order to do so, a simple scan is performed on the wireless interface, and the configuration for a particular network resulted after the scan is kept if that one is chosen. The enter manually situation is treated exactly as it was before.
Furthermore, last week (or the week before) I've done some coding style fixes again in a separate branch , nothing very fancy, just trimming trailing white spaces and changing some tabs to spaces, where spaces were mostly used. I've also noticed some inconsistencies, regarding white spaces between functions names and the parenthesis. However I think I'm overreacting a little, those matters are not really that relevant, but when I'll have some free time I'll get to this as well.
Next in line: Issues
Testing is still giving me some troubles, the show essids part is not yet fully tested, so I couldn't say for sure if everything works as planned.
Apart from the classical: write the image to an USB and reboot method, I'm using Virtual Box for testing. I've managed to create a passthrough for the wireless interface, but now I have troubles with some firmware. Hopefully I'll solve this as soon as possible since it would really make my life easier.
I've realized that I've underestimated a little what the project implies and the amount of information that is new to me. I feel that I have learned a lot and that there is still a lot to learn and I'm very happy that it is so. I've now started documenting regarding IPv6, beginning with this . We haven't decided yet what the next task will be exactly.