Here comes my short post on the blog for this week :D
Thinks are going better now, in the last days, I have done some testing and I do believe that now I should not have anymore problems with debconf and that I am on the right way. What I have tried was to scan the wireless interface and list all the available networks names. After that I have tried to do this while using debconf to display the messages. Everything worked just fine for this part, but it took me a while to figure out how to scan the interface. Now I think I've got it.
I have done separate tests for cdebconf and scanning and after that merged them into a third test, containing the scanning part with some basic, very simple templates just to get an idea of how it should/could look in the end. It's not in its final version yet, but I think it will work.
I have pushed all my attempts into some personal repository on github, but do not expect much, those are just some tests. You can find it here .